Sunday, April 18, 2010

Day 35-Visiting to new WUST

Today we gather at 9am at our classroom for our trip to the new WUST which is located at 黄家湖。It was about 1hour plus ride there. On our way there, almost everybody fall asleep. Upon reaching, we saw a whole group of students welcoming us at the main entrance. Everybody was shock to see them standing in two rows clapping and cheering. I could feel their strong hospitality. In Singapore this will never happen, unless it is to people with extreme high rank.


We were ask to draw a lot to see who was your buddy for that day and as no one wanted to go and pick the lot, I went first and I got 36.



Me and my buddy

we were brought to a room where they show us with their best dancer and make us drunk in a girl beautiful singing.



They are the host for today




This is the girl that perform to us with her beautiful dance


This is the girl than sing to us. After they have performed to us it is our turn to perform to them. We sing the national day parade song with some easy dance steps. The next place to be was the school historical museum of WUST.













This is their school song


This is their 学生证


This plate was given from ngee ann to WUST

After the tour in the library, we when to have lunch with our buddy.

This is the lunch I eat. The green pepper was half lesser than what we have in the old WUST.
After lunch we were given free time to allow our respective buddy to bring us around the school. And the school was really very beautiful. After touring around the school , they have organised
some activities for us. like using chopstick to hold onto the ping pong ball.




We were then brought to the biology building. And inside they display real human parts.






Reflection: Being welcomed by the WUST students, I felt very excited and warm. I feel that I am not alienated and have a kind of very cozy feelings. Even though, I am abroad studying, I feel that I am not alone as I have great China friends with me.
"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.

Walk beside me and be my friend."

NE MESSAGE: We have confidence in our future
United, determined and well prepared, we have what it takes to build a bright future for ourselves, and to progress together as one nation.

Polytechnic is all about hands on, which means that the school is already preparing us for the real industry life. Practicals which we do for each individual module are layout similar to the working life. Training us to use software which might be better than what the company is having and thus we have our own roles in the future. Everybody plays a part in the society.
I am fortunate to be a Singaporean, as everything is planned and I can see my future. When one can see their future, it means that they have confidence in their future.

No comments:

Post a Comment