Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Reflection on punctuality

I was listening to the tour guide announcing the meeting time which is 1pm which by then all of the people will then go down to have lunch and I know that it is my responsibility to punctual. However, when there was a change in timing that I was not informed.

I feel very sorry and remorse as they have no obligation to wait for us. Because of us, everybody can only have their lunch at 4pm (3 hours away from original timing), and the bus driver have to carry extra responsible as he have to drive carefully in the dark on the road to ensure our safety. The only thing I can make up for them is to improve on our time management in the future excursion.

Because of this incident, the outsiders might think that we have no sense of urgency and when we are in the wrong we still do not have the sense of guilty as we still scroll towards the bus. Because of us being late, the reputations of Ngee Ann Polytechnic, being the ambassador of Ngee Ann and our country, Singapore, have been ruined. I really feel remorse for my action thus I feel that we should do something to amend our mistake.

Being late, it will affect the planned schedule, for example all of our lunch schedule, the timing for driver to reach the designated places, as well as everybody time. There is a Chinese idiom: “一寸观音一寸金,寸金难买寸观音”.

Because of us, the teacher might want us to stick to our own group instead of grouping up with our own friends. This will affect our freedom and other group might not be happy with this arrangement. Beside this, other people (ECE) will be feeling very hungry and if one faint due to hunger, there is no way we could be responsible for that. Furthermore the driver has to carry an extra burden as he will be driving all of us (33 people) back to hostel at night in the expressway. If there is any accident, there is no way I can be responsible for that and I myself will be guilty for the rest of my life just because the delay of 2 hours. The bus driver also felt very tired as he still need to wake up early in the following day .He still got to fetch people to other places. The WUST staff also got to work the next day unlike us having no lesson.

If we are late and all of the people left, we will have to find our own way back and might have to face the risk of being kidnap. And if anything happen to us, our teacher (Ms neo) have to pick up the responsible which she will not have to if we were earlier.

If I was given a second chance, I will keep track of the time and rush all my friends to hurry and stop them if they still wanted to shop. I will try my best to meet the scheduled meeting time. If any of my friends is not feeling I will try to help them however if I cannot carry them or take care of them, I will call for other friends to help me out. If we are not going to reach the meeting place in the scheduled timing, I will call the teacher-in-charge to tell them of our current circumstances and see what kind of arrangement they can make for us. I will also try to pay more attention to the tour guide and any one for any announcement.

From this incident, I learnt than punctuality is the key to every successful work we do as a team. We move together and wait for one another together. 人人为我,我为人人.However, we need to use this spirit in a good way and not to make for other people waited for us anymore. Because of our late, outside judge us all as a group and not only us, which they are innocent as they did not cause delay and puts Ngee Ann to shame. I am deeply remorse for all the action I have done and will truly reflect upon it. For other excursion I promise there will be no more of yesterday incident.

Punctuality is the politeness of kings. If you are punctual, people will respect you. Once again, sorry my friends for having to endure the long wait. I have learned to be punctual. It doesn’t matter whether I have an appointment with a CEO or just by friend; I have learn to respect the time as well as others who are waiting for me.

Lastly, I would like to offer my sincerest apology for being late for delaying the Wudang Mountain excursion and accept full responsibility for my actions. I understand the repercussions of my being late that are felt by WUST staffs, bus driver, tour guide ,friends, Ms Neo and in no way meant to make things more difficult for anyone.




No comments:

Post a Comment