Sunday, April 18, 2010

Day 37-farewell dinner

I was looking forward to today as we are having a friendly match with the China Students. Actually sihao intend to have 5 players and another 5 substitutes. But in the end, we only ended up having 5 main players and one substitute which is me. We need to assemble at the basketball court at 10am and the match began at 10.30am. While some of my friends was practicing shooting, I looked at the local students which we will be playing against, the first thing that came to my mind was this is going to be a tough match. After first quarter, Sihao ask wenjie to take a short break and asked me to take over him.I played for the rest of the quarters and the air was very thin which make us breathe with greater difficulties.


I was telling them the position they are suppose to play. However ,when the match began, all of them was not sure where to go which i think this is due to the nervousness.

During the second quarter,Sihao sprain his ankle and was send to the hospital.And the game have to carry on thus, we just continue to play.Because we are from Ngee Ann and I told them all of us just play, regardless of the outcome.So we did hang on till the very last second even though all of us was very tired due to the thin air.


Defencing





This is the guy that I find that he played very well even thought he hurt two of our players,wen jie and me.There was some scratches on the hand, Palm and leg. Afterthat , I bathe and clean my wound, I went to meet the rest of my friends and they told me that the hairstylist will be bringing us to ice skate. I thought that ice skate was whereby you wear skates and skate on ice but their ice skake was skaters with four wheels skating on a wooden platform.


We took this tram from hostel to ice skating

As i said before, in China anything that has wheels can fetch passangers including this tram. It was all our first time taking a tram in the main road.

outside the ice skate place Cynthia and the hairstylist was dancing at the dance floor in the middle of the ice skate place.





Took a group photo

After that we leave at around 5 as at 5.30pm we are having a farewell dinner with the locals.

This is our most favourite dishes of all

Even 雄丰(student leader)who do not like fish, enjoy it.

And i heard from Ms Neo that this dish was the most expensive dish among all.
Group photo
Me and Meize
Me and Gong Shan
龚珊,小钢,栋祥,me, 梅泽,雄丰

Reflection: I had great day today.I learned about perseverance and not giving up even though we lost in the friendly match today.Most significantly, I made good friendship with the China students. Playing the friendly match today instill many values and life experiences into me as a person. There are things that I can learn through these activities that I can’t learn through books and school. From my personal experience, I learned how to work in a group of people, despite differences with people in that group due to different races and ability and I learned how to be more sociable and not shy.

No comments:

Post a Comment