Friday, March 26, 2010

Day 18-Gorge-ous Part 3

Today, we are suppose to assemble for breakfast at 6.30am, but me and Cynthia (roommate), both woke up at 6.30am!!The most hilarious part is that on the previous night,both of us agree to wake up at 5.30am to pack our bags and bathe.
Here is a picture of my roommate

Thus ,we got to rush off and meet the rest at 6.35am.Just in time, we caught the cruise leaving the dam and I took a picture of that.

This is the map of the three gorge dam project.
We need to assemble at the lobby at 7am for departure. After leaving the cruise, we went to another tourist attraction which is called 三峡工程.It tells the tourists how this project is carried out and what the purpose of this project . Basically ,the aim of this project is to control the frequent floods. Beside controlling the floods, it also helps to generate electricity (84.7 billion kilowatts hours, annually), to navigate the ships and tourism(to see the scenic spots).



Group picture

This place really have a lot of nice scenery to take picture of.

After that, we went back to hostel. After one hour of driving, we arrived at a restaurant. The food was not very nice but everybody eat till their stomach could burst as they didn't ate much during breakfast. Thereafter eating we went back to the hostel, which was 6 hours ride back. Upon reaching the school, the two local students, 雄丰and栋祥came out and pick us up. When I reached the hostel, I just lay flat in the bed as I was not feeling well. I was having serious flu and cough. 栋祥(student leaderupon knowing I was having cough went to buy lozenges for me and 2 hours later 雄丰came to my room to pass me flu medicine.Half an hour later, both of them came to visit me. I feel like I’m like a patient.
This is 栋祥
This is 雄丰
Reflection:
From this trip,I realised that China has plentiful of natural resources and minerals like limestone.For example, I have been to the 神农溪.It is a river with two vertical limestone cliffs beside it.This gives me a better understanding of Singapore's unique challenges, constraints and vulnerabilities, which make us different from other countries.Despite facing land and natural resources constraints in Singapore,Singapore is still considered as one of the most developed countries.We must have confidence in our future.United, determined and well-prepared, we have what it takes to build a bright future for ourselves, and to progress together as one nation.


No comments:

Post a Comment